2015 Summer Conservation Series
The Foundation is partnering with the City of Murray, Calloway County Conservation District, UK Cooperative Extension, and Calloway County Extension to offer our first summer conservation series, spotlighting different eco-friendly technologies that could be incorporated at your residence.
Rain Barrel Workshop:
- June 5, 2015, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Murray Women's Clubhouse, 704 Vine Street, Murray, KY.
- June 24, 2015, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Central Park in Murray, KY.
- Come and learn about rain barrels & why they are important! Start conserving water and save on your water bill!
- Breakfast/snacks provided. Workshop is free to attend, please pre-register.
- Rain barrels are available for purchase for $30.
Backyard Conservation Workshop:
- July 3, 2015, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the at the Arboretum at Murray State University, 300 Hickory Drive, Murray, KY.
- Learn to make your yard eco & wildlife friendly. Join us for discussions/demonstrations about topics such as gardening, composting, recycling, plants, erosion, stormwater management (rain gardens and rain barrels), and more!
- Breakfast/snacks provided. Free, please pre-register.
Healthy Soils Workshop:
- July 31, 2015, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the William "Bill" Cherry Agricultural Exposition Center,
101 College Farm Road
- Learn how to make the soils in your yard healthy and fertilize correctly to prevent pollution!
- Lunch/snacks provided. $5 per person, please pre-register.
To register for one of the events, please visit our registration page, contact our office (270) 908-4545 or email email@example.com.